Top 10 safest family cars in 2013
It is always nice to have a good, strong, powerful car that you can drive up to its fullest speed and test both its and your limits. Yeah, some people do like to push the pedal to the metal. However, once you start a family, those things suddenly change. Now, safety becomes the most important factor, because there is nothing more important than your children being safe and sound, no matter what happens.
photo credit: Indiewench via photopin cc
What I looked for in Top 10 safest family cars in 2013 ?
When trying to choose a vehicle that will be the cornerstone of your family’s safety in the future, there are a few things that you have to look for – the same things I was looking for when making this list. Here are those factors:
- 1. Advanced frontal airbags – this will protect the front passenger’s and driver’s necks, heads and chests – works best with crashes caused by a front impact;
- 2. Advanced head restraints – should be on both the front and back seats – will protect against possible head and neck injury during a crash;
- 3. Side airbags – if there is a side crash, they will protect the passengers from the impact, effectively shielding their necks, backs, heads, chests and pelvises;
- 4. Tire-pressure monitoring systems – electronic systems that check the pressure in the tires – should the pressure level drop too low, the system will notify the driver;
- 5. Anti-lock brakes (ABS) – it prevents the brakes from locking when braking, which can limit steering potential – this one is almost completely standard by now in most new cars, however, if you are choosing a used one, you should look for it;
The list of Top 10 safest family cars in 2013
So, once we have seen the things that are absolutely necessary for a safe car, let us see which cars have made the list of the safest ones in the year 2013:
- Buick LaCrosse (without the optional side airbags, only with the standard ones)
- Buick Regal (the same as above applies here)
- Chrysler 300
- Dodge Charger
- Ford Taurus
- Hyundai Azera
- Kia Cadenza
- Toyota Avalon
- Chevrolet Impala
- Honda Accord
As we can see, the people from Buick have really tried hard to make a very safe family car. It contains all of the important elements for a car to have if it is to be called a safe one. All of the others pass my demands as well and all of them have basically scored pretty well on the IIHS’ (Institute for Highway Safety) crash tests.
Well, all that’s left for you now is to choose. Some of these cars are also very nicely designed, so, I believe that you will have a hard time choosing. If you wish to obtain a used car, or trade in your car for cash, I know that people at Carzoos are willing to go for such a bargain. So, basically, the question is: „What are you waiting for?“ Get out there and choose the safest car for your family, because nothing is more important than your children being safe and sound.