There are dozens of car manufactures to choose from when you’re shopping for a new vehicle. They all have nice features and plenty of options to make the choice that much more difficult. However, not all manufacturers cater to the same audience. Most of them aim to claim the middle-of-the-road customers that make up the majority of the car buying population. However, some automakers are selling to the very upscale client, while others are shooting for the low-end market. Some automakers target the more experienced generation, while others are squarely taking aim at the younger generation. One such car manufacturer is Scion, which is a subsidiary of Toyota.
Scion originally debuted nationwide in 2004 after launching solely in California the year before. Although the company has increased its buying demographic, Scion has taken a focused approached and mainly targeted their sales and marketing efforts at the Generation Y consumers. Scion originally debuted its lineup with just two vehicles: the xA hatchback and the xB wagon. When the brand debuted nationwide in 2004 it added the sports coupe tC. The company added the xD in 2007, which replaced the xA. In 2012, the company expanded its lineup with two new models, the Scion iQ and the Scion FR-S. Since its inception Scion has been able to strengthen its brand among the generation Y consumer group and it continues to build on that relationship.
See What Advantages Scion has to Offer
There are several reason that the Scion brand has gained popularity among the younger car buying crowd, which include its economical prices, its youth-oriented looks and its superb safety ratings.
- Trendiness – the Scion brand offers a trendy looking lineup that appeals to the younger driver. It is edgy and cool and stands out from the crowd.
- Cost – unless you have a lot of disposable income, cost is always a factor when buying a vehicle. That is one of the biggest reasons Generation Y likes Scion. The iQ Hatchback starts at just $15, 265 and the Scion FR-S Coupe at only $24,200. Every other model falls somewhere in between, which means getting into a Scion won’t break your bank account.
- Personalization – one of the fastest growing trends in any market, especially those targeted to the younger generation, is customization. People love to add their own personal touch to their possessions and their cars are no exception. Scion offers plenty of ways for its customers to personalize their vehicles, including superchargers, body kits and other parts like wheels and headlights. When a young driver can add a touch of personalized creativity to his or car it’s always an added bonus.
- Appeal – another reason to consider a Scion is that they look good. Although they are inexpensive they don’t look cheap. Their look is often appealing to younger drivers as the offer a sporty and modern feel.
- Safety – although the younger generation may not put safety as its number one priority it’s still nice to know that the car you’re in is one of the safest on the road. That’s not to say that young drivers don’t care about safety, as it is climbing up the list of important factors in the car buying experience. Scion has garnered a 5-star crash rating as well as a “Good” safety rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Anti-lock brakes, airbags and traction control are just a few of the safety features that come with most Scions.
When it’s Time to Buy, Think Scion
There are so many vehicles to choose from when looking for a car, but as you can see, Scion offers several good reasons to consider putting one of its cars at the top of your list. If you want a trendy, inexpensive, safe and fun vehicle then you should consider a Scion.